Thursday, August 27, 2009

practicum in sk seri bintang selatan..

wow..wat can i say..um..being there for 2 mths definitely gave me some new perspectives in teaching..let c now..

1st few weeks..

i had a huge culture shock..i mean..a 3-floors-school wif an elevator..come on..plus..almost 90% of the students communicate wif english..n I MEAN 90%..it was crazy..well..not DAT crazy but u see..ive never experienced a school like this b4..so juz cut me some slack yea..huhu..

n then it hit me..i juz knew dat dis skewl is one of d smart skewls in malaysia..how ignorance was i..i dun even noe it..i should hv read more newspapers, i noe..;j..n now bout d students..well..fortunately i got d top classes for year 4 n year 5..lucky me..but..once again..i thought wrong..i thought dat it would b easy for me to teach 'em..u noe..them being clever n all..

but their intelligence kinda challenged me more..i mean..back in my 1st prcticum, whenever i used d ppoint to teach, they would b like in awe or sumthng like dat..but here.."teacher, powerpoint again??? so boring la.."..n they even use pen drive to do their work..can u believe it...i only heard bout 'pen drive' when i started learning in d maktab..ugh..i feel like so katak in d tempurung at dat time..

final four weeks..

well..as they were so advance..i tried to keep my work a notch a lil..n..i must say dat i was not so bad..huhu..gimme d chance 2 b prasan a while lar..hikhik..n d weeks passed by..all fine..its juz dat im getting really sick of observations, lesson plans n worksheets..n dun get me started wif my guru pembimbing..huhu..let juz say dat me n her..its a no no..lets keep it dat way..;j..

n then it was d final week in d school..mixed feelings i would say..one part of me is saying 'wooohooooo...its over!!!!'...but another part of me juz knew dat i would be missing d kids..huhu..kinda emo rite bout now..it was a bitter-sweet farewell..d year 5 students had a party for me..simple but great..n not forgetting all d presents frm year 4 n 5..huhu..

all in all..i must say dat although i was a lil bit 'merana n sengsara' at dat school, it turned out okay..n i had a lovely time there..thanx sk seri bintang selatan for a great experience n to my dear students..u will not b forgotten, dats for sure..;j

2 comments: